Learn how to play Guitar🎸
Updated: Oct 15, 2018
So many of you guys over the years have asked me how I learned to play guitar and what I would suggest to others who are interested in learning. So today I'd like to share a bit more about my musical journey with you and tell you how I got started.
Let's begin! 🔥
I’m self taught. When I started, I didn't have the money to afford a music school or a private teacher. I simply bought a cheap book and a $50 guitar so I could learn the basic chords. From there, I experimented a lot every single day, until my fingers practically bled. It wasn't easy at first, but I wanted to learn so badly. After 3 or 4 years of practicing obsessively, I began learning some tricks such as tapping, fingerstyle, and so on by watching YouTube videos, playing with other guitarists, and experiencing as much of the music industry as possible (live shows, studio recordings, writing sessions with other artists, etc.). I think the best way to learn something is to experiment with it and fully immerse yourself in the experience...the more you experience, the more you will learn. Personally, I still feel as though I have a lot to learn, but at the same time I am proud of the journey I'm making. 🙏🏻
𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐏𝐒 🧠 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐑, 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂. 🎼
• PASSION Passion is the ENERGY that moves you to action. Embrace that feeling of excitement coursing through your veins. Without that feeling, you’re gonna fail. So keep doing the things you love doing.
• PRACTICE There are no shortcuts. If you want to succeed, the key 🔑 is practice, practice, and practice again.
• EXPLORE YOUR INNER SELF Making music is not just about playing an instrument but also about exploring and discovering yourself. Be open to embracing your emotions. Feel them, accept them, and turn them into music. Remember that your instrument is not just a piece of wood but something more. It’s the projection of your mind/soul.
• DON’T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK Just focus yourself on the goals that give you a purpose to wake up to. Don’t waste your time or energy thinking or worrying about the judgment of people you even don’t care about. You live once. Do whatever you want!
• ENJOY THE JOURNEY (My favorite part 😛)
𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒🎸
I highly recommend a platform of guitar lessons called “GuitarTricks." I've been learning a lot of stuff here lately. I would have loved to have something like this when I first started learning. It’s perfect for every level, whether you are a beginner or someone looking to improve his/her technique.
Here you can find the link to try the 14 day FREE trial: https://www.guitartricks.com/trial_splash.php?a_aid=5b825ec4c1176 💎